10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]
Name: Tim
Surname: Mytrofanov
Callsign: Breakshot
Squadron: 100-й КИАП

Re: Napoleon: Total War

Post by Breakshot » 29 Jun 2010 09:30

Grizzly wrote:First i couldn't believe how long it took to install this game (about 40 min)
but when i decided to make a backup of the "data" folder i realised that this folder alone has 22.2 gigs ....... thats insane!!! :shock:
Yes, also make sure u get the game fully updated through Steam... but im guessing its already done... :D

If you launch the game, in the main menu check the version number... it should read 1.3.0

Anyway its good idea to backup the data folder if u gonna install mods, however none of the mods actually overwrite any files.. so NO backup is also ok!

If you want to revert to stock, just delete the mod files.... and yes, this game takes up lots of space!

You can come on TS later and ill guide you through it all...
Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov #24, 51st Bisons PVO Regiment
Case
Retired
Retired
Name: Case
Surname: Bison
Callsign: Case
Squadron: 51PVO

Post by Case » 10 Jul 2010 11:15

Installing as we speak...
Breakshot
10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]

Post by Breakshot » 10 Jul 2010 13:31

Case wrote:Installing as we speak...
Sweet! Get it updated an sorted (steam should do this automatically)... I reckon we should all be around later tonite for some action! :D :D
Teknetinium
Name: Andrej
Surname: Reve
Callsign: Tek
Squadron: 51 PVO

Post by Teknetinium » 10 Jul 2010 21:12

GREAT!!!
Andrej"Teknetinium" Reve, #11 of the 51st PVO Regiment.
Breakshot
10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]

Post by Breakshot » 26 Feb 2011 08:39

After getting extremely irritated yesterday with the annoying NTW maps (sorry for bailing out on you Frostie), which are so stagnant and sometimes just outright ridiculous in their design (apart from just 2-3 that are decent but getting more boring by the minute) the silly arcade'ish gameplay that happens as a result, the arty bugs that drive me nuts etc etc! I just decided I had enough so I went off to check on the Lordz to see if the NTW3 mod is out... and guess what, the Beta is out!

http://www.thelordz.org/mods.html

Some awesome features we've all been waiting for:

-20+ totally new maps which is the #1 reason to get it already :winky:

-Fully reworked stock maps (to put some life into them)

-Fog of War! This means you have to scout to see the enemy thats outside your FOV (no more god radar views of the battlefield).

-Fully reworked weapons, morale & fatigue effects (units really suffer if hit by artillery, or if some 'bad event' demoralizes them etc), battle dynamics, faction balance and more, all for improved realism and gameplay!

-Artillery now has limited ammo! And the arty men get tired from constant operations (which reduces their effectiveness greatly), meaning you have to conserve and use them smartly. Tek, you should love this one! ;)

-Units cannot pass through each other like ‘ghosts through walls’. Friendly infantry will be considerably slowed and scattered if they attempt it. OMG this one alone should be awesome!

-Your cavalry can NOT leap forward from behind a line of infantry to attack the enemy. You must have gaps for cavalry operations. This seemingly small feature will have a big impact on how armies are maneuvered on the field.

Wacha guys think? Should we take this on? :winky: I say download it ASAP!
X-man
Name: Jonas
Surname: Jarneborn
Callsign: X-man

Post by X-man » 26 Feb 2011 09:51

Awesome! I'll download it asap!
X-man, #34 of the 51st PVO Regiment
Frostie
Name: Andy
Surname: Paynter
Callsign: <51>Frostie

Post by Frostie » 26 Feb 2011 15:22

Sweet, ASAP on the download.
Recommend lowering all masts and antennas.
Name: Andrej
Surname: Reve
Callsign: Tek

Post by Teknetinium » 26 Feb 2011 15:54

How deep is to deep, Ill check it out when Ill get back.
Andrej"Teknetinium" Reve, #11 of the 51st PVO Regiment.
Breakshot
10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]

Post by Breakshot » 28 Feb 2011 09:44

Me and Frostie had a go with a few battles last nite... :D

Overall, the feeling from the mod is very positive! The way the battles play out seems more realistic when compared to vanilla, the maps are great and plenty, and unit movements have to be calculated and well executed to work out as you want them, morale is also a HUGE factor now - with possible massive routs under certain circumstances. Units also aren't stupid enough to fight when victory is in doubt or when surrounded, especially cavalry, meaning you really gotta use them carefully or risk almost instant rout!

Generally, things evolve in battle more slowly than vanilla (unit movement speeds and fatigue effect is really noticeable now - you cant just run around like a madman with your troops as before!), and the Fog of War really means you can never be certain how much strength the enemy possesses - making for some great tactical maneuvering and skirmishes. Artillery also gets very ineffective if used for prolonged 'non-stop fire' periods (Something i discovered in the last battle and only now realize what was 'wrong'), and basically just grinds to a halt after some time (simulating low ammo and fatigue, etc. - even though there is no actual ammo counter.

One major conclusion though: The British are Monsters in this one... I think the Lordz went a bit all out, IMO. After getting pwned by Frostie a few times with both the French and Russians, it is easy to see when looking at the unit stats that the Brits just have too good troops for the price, even for cavalry, woot! Especially concerning is the Brunswick line which IMO should be banned from being used until the next beta, because its dirt cheap yet crazy good when compared to other faction's troops of the same price! (this issue is already being addressed by the Lordz, AFAIK)

Also the medium 10k funds should be what we should use as this seems to bring the most realistic armies to the field with conscript troops as it would have been in RL. Unit size is also best left at medium as well...
Frostie
Name: Andy
Surname: Paynter
Callsign: <51>Frostie

Post by Frostie » 28 Feb 2011 11:52

The wide range and huge scale of the maps avaliable is also mightly impressive plus the extra several factions and new units in every faction could make for some great battles without using any of the big 4.

Tek you'll be pleased to know that Sweden has a bus load of different troops to choose from now.