F1 2010 by Codemasters

Lockon is a no-go in this forum!
Kuky

Re: F1 2010 by Codemasters

Post by Kuky » 28 Sep 2010 02:16

Just a heads up from me.. I bought this game 2 days ago and at first I felt very disapointed... after I fiured out that you can set rules to full realistic and manual gear etc and disable all those helpers its lot more what I was after... The graphics are very nice and on my system it runs very nice, I have absolutely no complaints in that department.

What I do dislike is see through ghost cars while driving testing (Grimes says this is very common but its first time I came accorss it) and also I don't like that when in multiplayer settings are not forced. For example, you can ALLOW ABS etc but you can't force everyone use it or not, if you allow it someone will use it, some won't and then its not same playing field.

There's surely more I wanna try this and see after some time how it sits... for now my second inpressions are much better then first impressions.

By the way, I got this on PC and I did have to create this Windows Life profile to play online... no biggie but while wanting to start the game for the first time it seemed like forever to have to create this profile, then for the game... get familiar with menus and how the game is so much more targeted for consoles market (I think). For now I'd give it 8/10 also...
Crunch

Post by Crunch » 28 Sep 2010 03:27

Same here, better second impression. Adjusted all garage settings to have less grip and enjoying it more now. Still the feel is not quite up to GTR or rFactor, but not far off and the graphics are way, way better.

51st, if you want tp post a link to the current rFactor mod you are using, I'll give it a try. Thanks
Breakshot
10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]
Name: Tim
Surname: Mytrofanov
Callsign: Breakshot
Squadron: 100-й КИАП

Post by Breakshot » 28 Sep 2010 07:24

Breakshot wrote:Currently we are driving the RaceX 1.25 WTCC 2007 mod

http://games.on.net/file/18731/RACE_X_1.20_Rfactor_Cars
http://games.on.net/file/18732/RACE_X_1 ... actor_Cars

Just unzip the full version, followed by the 1.25 patch into the rfactor folder...

Feel free to pop in to our TS for some action!
Here you go Crunch, as from 1st page... We do the WTCC 2007 (currently) and also the FIA GT mod (i can give you links to that too if u want). Would be great if some of you guys drop in for some fun races... :D

@Kuky: the windows ID thing is whats worrying me, because this service is not available where im at, AFAIK, so thats a big bummer.... really no point to get this title if MP wont work for me... :?
Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov #24, 51st Bisons PVO Regiment
Kuky

Post by Kuky » 29 Sep 2010 01:07

Yeah, Windows Live login is required to play Multiplayer... real bummer that they have to use things like this to be able to play multiplayer but what can you do O_o
59th_Streightholo

Post by 59th_Streightholo » 05 Oct 2010 23:26

What other mods are you playing ?:)
Breakshot
10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]

Post by Breakshot » 06 Oct 2010 06:34

We are driving these two primarily:

Race X 1.25 WTCC 2007 (Testing it out atm)
FIA GT Championship 1.0 (2004 season) - We are running PVO GT Championship with this one...

here are some screens from one of our GT races

http://www.51st.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1056

If you want links to the FIA GT mod just PM me!
Crunch

Post by Crunch » 06 Oct 2010 16:37

I have dropped F1 2010... bahh!!! No tire slip when cornering, Force Feedback is basically just a rumble with no tactile feedback, and FPS no greater than 35 fps for me. The feel of driving is no where close to rFactor or GTR Evo.

The one bonus is it has made me look at what there is now with more respect. I am using the MMG F1 2007 mod which is way better than F1 2010 sim wise. I don't have all the F1 tracks but that is okay. I use the Williams car with the wheel turned off, so I can see the dash instruments through my own physical wheel. I have no visor visible and most importantly, adjusted the car graphic clipping value to reduce flashing textures on the tracks. There are also a ton more cars and tracks in GTR Evo, Race 07, STCC addons. Graphically not as good as F12010, but not too bad and way better of a sim.

Thanks for the invite guys but I am focusing on GTR Evo which IMHO has better graphics than rFactor and sim wise is just as good.

Cheers.
Breakshot
10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]

Post by Breakshot » 06 Oct 2010 17:48

I think physics wise Rfactor is still the best (GTR uses the older version of the same physics engine, AFAIK)...

Also if you look at MP stability/lagg free racing with no ghost bumps, etc with full grid , including AI, it is also hands down the best too... IMO

We usually run 20+ car grids with 5-6 Human and 20 AI with no probs at all, and this is with my terrible ping too... I doubt GTR Evo can match that... although i havent tried it myself to know for sure... ;)

So if you find time, do join us Crunch for some GT/WTCC races in Rfactor...

Oh btw i have the MMG 2007 F1 as well :D