Peak Time Restarts

Team Speak and Dedicated server support, rules, payloads, problems, complaints, questions and general information should be logged here.
104th_Maverick
Name: Gareth
Surname: Moore
Callsign: 104th_Maverick
Squadron: 104th

Peak Time Restarts

Post by 104th_Maverick » 04 Dec 2013 14:54

First of all guys I want to pass on my and the 104th's thanks for the great missions and server, we are really having fun flying with you guys and the public again, its been great to see 25+ clients going at it like the old days!

I was hoping you guys could consider this request....

Would it be possible to try to arrange to have the mission / server restarted on a daily basis as we approach the peak flying time?

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that the server see's its peak daily between 19:00z and 23:00z (approx), although there is 'generally' a handful of clients in at what ever time of day, this peak period seems to consistently be populated with the most clients. It sort of always has been this way even back in the glory days of FC2.

With this in mind a mission restart around 18:00-19:00z would be really handy so when most of the clients are online the mission is relatively new in operation. We've all been there, joining the mission 4+ hours into it with no SAM coverage left etc because its been running for a while during a quiet period with not much A2A happening.

Certainly not a complaint though, you guys do a great job with the platform as is and believe me it is very much appreciated and not just from my or the 104th's end.
It would just be super awesome if we could have a fresh mission for the peak time flying period, I know it's not the easiest thing to consistently do especially without any scripted restart in place but any consideration of taking this up would again be greatly appreciated!

Keep up the good work, thanks again!

Mav

S!

:death: <- Just because its cool!
Breakshot
10. Colonel [Полковник]
10. Colonel [Полковник]
Name: Tim
Surname: Mytrofanov
Callsign: Breakshot
Squadron: 51st PVO

Re: Peak Time Restarts

Post by Breakshot » 04 Dec 2013 17:23

Actually an automatic software that could restart the server every 4hrs or so would be the only solution to current instability...

Perhaps we can look into it!
Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov #24, 51st Bisons PVO Regiment
104th_Maverick
Name: Gareth
Surname: Moore
Callsign: 104th_Maverick
Squadron: 104th

Post by 104th_Maverick » 04 Dec 2013 18:55

Thanks!
Frostie
Name: Andy
Surname: Paynter
Callsign: <51>Frostie
Squadron: 51PVO

Post by Frostie » 06 Dec 2013 00:51

Good advice on the start times Mav, I've never really considered that. From now on i'll try and set a fresh start @1800z-1900z at least for weekends and as often as possible during the week.

Like BS says we're looking into running software for auto restarts, but not spending much time on the 'doing it' part at the moment.

Thanks for the advice, it's always a pleasure to see you guys patrolling the server.
Name: Andrej
Surname: Reve
Callsign: Tek
Squadron: 51 PVO

Post by Teknetinium » 06 Dec 2013 12:25

Ill keep that in mind Maverick.
Andrej"Teknetinium" Reve, #11 of the 51st PVO Regiment.