Really tired of SCORPION

Team Speak and Dedicated server support, rules, payloads, problems, complaints, questions and general information should be logged here.
AlemaN
Name: Guillermo
Surname: Schelfthout
Callsign: =EDP 71st= AlemaN
Squadron: =EDP 71st=

Really tired of SCORPION

Post by AlemaN » 24 Apr 2014 23:32

Well, just as the title...this man is destroying the best server of DCS World. He always enters when the server is empty and destroys all blue units, when I enter the server I find out always the same situation, SENAKI taken by red coalition and nothing to do about it. I used to fly for red coalition but now I´m trying to balance the server playing on the blue side but other people don´t help because everybody fly alway on red including when nobody is on the blue side.

Maybe the solution for this problem would be to put the simetric aircraft for each side

Thanks!
Frostie
Name: Andy
Surname: Paynter
Callsign: <51>Frostie
Squadron: 51PVO

Re: Really tired of SCORPION

Post by Frostie » 25 Apr 2014 14:43

Firstly if you wish to change or restart the mission you can put up a vote through servman.
http://www.51st.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1616
Just enter in the server chat
/m
to get the mission choices
then
/v m #
to vote for a mission number, # being the relevant number 1-10 etc.
for example /v m 3 votes for mission 3.
51% of the server must type in chat
/yes
to vote yes and get a winning vote before the time is up.

----------------------

Senaki taken by Red is part of the dynamics of the mission, Blue can also take Senaki even after Red have taken it. Senaki begins as a neutral base.

Further more if Red take Kobuleti or Kutaisi then this just means that the front has shifted deeper into Blue territory, that is how the mission is supposed to evolve. If this happens then Blue can use Batumi and Tbilisi to mount their fight back. There are also message triggers describing what is happening and which areas invading units occupy, plus there is the addition of CA units to help with this and to mount an equally penetrative assault.

The same aircraft that are available for Red are available for Blue the only difference is that there are no F-15 or A-10 on Red so aircraft limitation does not affect Blue. So if you don't wish to take the attack to the ground war then the air war is still available in whichever aircraft you wish to fly.

So I don't understand why you feel you can't do anything about it, on the contrary it is part of the mission to do something about it and enjoy doing something about it should be had by all.

The mission is constantly growing and new dimensions are always being added to improve the dynamic of the mission without it becoming overwhelmingly one sided. I am in the process of adding a further front for Blue which should make a more expansive area and more opportunities to fly Blue.

I can understand you have concerns because Scorpion makes the mission constantly shift one way, I am devising new dynamics to the mission to help reduce the hindrance this may cause the opposing side.

Regarding Scorpion, he has been warned about his behaviour and has calmed a lot more than previous. He spends a great deal of time in our server and reaps the benefits of his effort in the mission. I see a lot of goading towards Scorpion and his responses can be justified but sometimes can get out of hand.

We are privy to what goes on in our server most of the time and are more than capable of dealing with those that over step the mark. I'm not going to defend Scorpion because there may come a day when enough is enough, but as of now I don't see enough of a one sided issue to pick one bad egg out of a handful.

Thanks
Name: Juan
Surname: Ortiz
Callsign: Rush
Squadron: Escuadron Iberoamericano

Post by Rush » 25 Apr 2014 16:02

I think the mission with CA of the 51st is good and balanced, I only propose to change the origin point of the blue side troops, that are all in a masive group at east of Inguri River. I think it's better to disperse the units in groups in the vicinity of the same origin point. As Frostie pointed, Senaki can be taken again if the CA manage to put some troops there and kill all the enemy units in the airport. The problem with scorpion is impossible to describe, is in his nature to always win, and on contrary, the enemy did something wrong or cheat to get him killed (as we say in Cuba, "he never loses, even playing to spit far"). :)
AlemaN
Name: Guillermo
Surname: Schelfthout
Callsign: =EDP 71st= AlemaN
Squadron: =EDP 71st=

Post by AlemaN » 25 Apr 2014 17:34

Frostie, I know the mision like my hand, when I said "nothing to do", I ment that I can´t do nothing without blue units, because SCORPION killed them all.
Teknetinium
Name: Andrej
Surname: Reve
Callsign: Tek
Squadron: 51 PVO

Post by Teknetinium » 26 Apr 2014 11:19

Best solution is to vote for a new Mission as Frostie mentioned.

Enter in the server chat and typ:
/m
to get the mission choices then typ:

/v m #
to vote for a mission number, # being the relevant number 1-10 etc.
for example: /v m 3 votes for mission 3.

51% of the server must type in chat:
/yes
to vote yes and get a winning vote before the time is up.
Andrej"Teknetinium" Reve, #11 of the 51st PVO Regiment.