suggestions for mission Battle for the Inguri

Team Speak and Dedicated server support, rules, payloads, problems, complaints, questions and general information should be logged here.
Flycaster
Name: Joe
Surname: Wilson
Callsign: Flycaster

suggestions for mission Battle for the Inguri

Post by Flycaster » 03 Jan 2015 19:01

Greetings members of the 51st,
Flycaster here with some recommendations for the mission editor of Battle for the Inguri. Please understand that these are just suggestions, and in my opinion this mission is the finest available already as is. I am also relatively new to the community, and still learning more about the sim.
Balance:
I suggest the inclusion of sa-8 osa’s near, or attached to the blue river defense groups like red has. I am going to guess that the blue f16s are the current balancing force but they show up too late to defend against ka-50s. I think this would make red need to run a proper sead mission prior to RW cas, like blue needs to.
The red carrier force, if moved south, can become a serious problem, even make it impossible to win, for blue. I suggest the inclusion of a blue naval task force with anti-ship capabilities in a different group than the supply ships.
My first impression of the playable ground forces was that they are very well balanced. Red has better range and firepower, blue has better armor and numbers. After the last patch I’ve found the Russian atgm to be extremely inaccurate compared to the tow. I’m not sure what a fix would be here, or even if its broke and needs fixing. Maybe a group of t72s for the Russians to take a few more hits.
Supply
Supply is a huge problem for the Russians. The f16s essentially drain all the red sam ammo from the bridge position and they are not resupplied. A few passes in close with a su25t can drain all the blue ir sam ammo. This same problem exists in most missions online. As I don’t fully understand which supply vehicles carry missile ammo, I hope the editor can come up with an idea. The ural-375 and m-818 do not resupply sam or atgm ammo, at least not when I’ve tried manually. There is a vehicle that does provide missiles, a different ural or zil, but I’m not sure which one, as well as ammo storage facilities. The range of resupply for the vehicles is so small, I would think a building of some sort would be better. I think I saw a non-english speaking ka50 pilot land by an outpost, not at a farp, and rearm, but I’m not positive, and my experiments trying to reload tanks by the outpost were unsuccessful, but maybe I didn’t wait long enough.
The playable blue forces have supply attached to them, but none for red. Without the ability to rearm even the main gun without going all the way to ochamchira, playable red tanks are at a huge disadvantage in the long run. The command post and fuel trucks will rearm the tanks main gun, but they are not playable.
Other stuff
It seems to me that an engagement of this would include arty, but because of lag concerns I can understand why they are excluded. If it were, I would suggest no more than 1 battery (6 guns+supply) of m-109 or equivalent in position to fire on the bridge. And maybe 1 or 2 mlrs with no supply in a position where it can fire on the other sides arty once it’s been spotted.
If each side had a mobile sa11 site, set to green on mission start and just far enough from the front so that it has to move forward to harass any cas over the TA, it could add a little spice to mid mission play.
The CTTS script, I think that’s what it’s called, allows infantry to be loaded/unloaded from apcs. It would be fun, I think to have some manpads, mortars, rpg teams deployed in Zugdidi or Dzvari if one wished. It’s not worth overloading the server though.
The weather could also me toned down a bit. It definitely makes for interesting flying, but I think it also pushes many pilots to fly elsewhere when they experience the poor visibility. There is only a few hours when the shval will lock on a target farther than 8km. It would be neat to have the weather change from bad to good, or good to bad.
I know this has been long and some stuff you’ve probably already considered and discarded, but thanks for reading and for such great work on the mission.
Fly
Shamansky
08. Major [Майор]
08. Major [Майор]
Name: Jaroslaw
Surname: Solak
Callsign: Shamansky
Squadron: 100KIAP

Re: suggestions for mission Battle for the Inguri

Post by Shamansky » 10 Jan 2015 15:35

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it! And we shall update 51st server's missions soon.
51PVO POLITICAL COMMISSAR
Jaroslaw "Shaman" Solak
Flycaster
Name: Joe
Surname: Wilson
Callsign: Flycaster

Re: suggestions for mission Battle for the Inguri

Post by Flycaster » 10 Jan 2015 22:23

It is my pleasure. I have heard some pilots ask about fuel tanks for the mig 21 recently so I thought I'd mention it here.
Thanks again